Registering Your NPI with Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania
Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania (BCNEPA) requires that all NPIs be registered prior to use.
- How do I register an NPI with BCNEPA and First Priority Health (FPH)?
- Call BCNEPA/FPH Provider System Support at 1-800-451-4447.
- Fax your NPI confirmation letter to BCNEPA/FPH Provider System Support at (570) 200-6880.
- Add your NPI on your Credentialing / Re-credentialing Form.
- E-mail your NPI confirmation letter from the NPI Enumerator to RegisterNPI@bcnepa.com
- Will I receive confirmation from BCNEPA when the registration is complete?
- A confirmation letter will be sent by BCNEPA/FPH once the NPI registration is complete.
- The letter contains critical billing information such as:
- The date you may begin using your NPI.
- The taxonomy code(s) assigned to you by BCNEPA/FPH.
- Does registering my NPI with BCNEPA also register my NPI with other health plans?
- BCNEPA's relationship with Highmark Blue Shield enables BCNEPA to register your NPI with Highmark. Registering your NPI with BCNEPA does not register your NPI with any other health plan, other than Highmark.