- The largest EPO network of doctors and hospitals
- The lowest out-of-pocket costs for care from in-network doctors and hospitals
- Coverage anywhere you travel at the same cost for care as if you were home with the BlueCard® national network
- Care from doctors and hospitals out of network is covered ONLY in emergency situations
- No out-of-pocket costs for preventive care
- Exclusive wellness discounts on fitness classes, nutrition counseling, massages, restaurants and more
- Access to your own personal health coach and 24/7 access to registered nurses—so you’ll have the support you need to stay healthy, anytime
Below are links to resources to help you understand your health insurance plan. Be sure to bookmark this page and refer to it often. More information is also available on Self-Service—logon today.
| Member Handbook Kit✝
Your Member Handbook kit makes your health insurance plan easier to understand and use. It explains what’s covered and how to get care. | Learn More
|| Rx Drug Benefits
If your employer offers prescription drug coverage through BCNEPA, your plan may have either the multi-tiered or coinsurance program. These programs help keep your drugs affordable because they use a
formulary. | Learn More
Need more information? Click on the links on the left. You can also email Customer Service through Self-Service or give us a call at 1.888.345.2346 or (TTY) 1.866.280.0486, weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
*If your plan is self-insured, be sure to read this version of Your Blue Book to see how Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania works with your plan sponsor for the best coverage and benefits. Check with your employer or plan administrator to see if you have a self-insured plan.
✝Policies and provisions described in the documents referenced here may not apply to all self-insured group plans.
BlueCare EPO uses the EPO network. Using in-network doctors and hospitals for all covered medical care and services will always save you money because your costs for care are the lowest in-network.
You also have coverage for care from national and worldwide BlueCard providers—at the same cost for care as if you were home because BlueCard PPO providers are in-network.
You do not have coverage for care outside of the EPO network, except in emergency situations. In emergency situations, you will be charged for your care as if you were in-network.
You must pay the full cost for care from doctors and hospital out of the network. Providers out of the EPO and BlueCard PPO networks do not agree to accept our discounted “allowable charge” as payment in full. They may bill you for a bigger share of the cost for your care.
Get more information: