First Priority Health®
CHIP, Pennsylvania’s Children’s Health Insurance Program, gives your child
or teen complete health insurance coverage for routine doctor visits, immunizations, emergency care, medications, dental and vision care, hearing services and
With CHIP, your child is covered for all the essential health benefits and many wellness resources, up to age 19, including:
- A Primary Care Physician to help manage your child’s health
- Care out of the First Priority Health network with prior approval
- Vision and dental care and even some hearing services
- Preventive benefits and many wellness resources to give children and teens a healthy start
- Blue Distinction Centers offer high quality specialty care
- Prescription drug benefits covering almost all generic drugs*
- A personal health coach and 24/7 access to registered nurses with Blue Health SolutionsSM
* A generic copay applies to drugs listed under Tier 1 in the Multi-tiered formulary. A brand copay applies to drugs listed under Tier 2 and Tier 3.
Time to renew?
It's easy! Each year we will mail you a reminder when it’s time to renew your child’s coverage. Just fill out the form and return it to us so we can let you know if your child is still eligible and if the cost has changed. Review your child or teen’s eligibility. How much you make determines how much you pay each month for CHIP.
To learn more about CHIP, call Customer Service at 1.800.543.7199 or (TTY) 1.800.413.1112, weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.