First Priority Health®
CHIP has your child covered with complete health insurance for routine doctor visits; emergency care; medications and much more. CHIP is available to all uninsured children and teens (up to age 19) regardless of family income.
- Comprehensive, free coverage for most families (or available at a low cost)
- A Primary Care Physician to help manage your child’s health
- Care out of the network with prior approval
- Vision and dental care and even some hearing services
- Preventive benefits and many wellness resources to give children and teens a healthy start
- Blue Distinction Centers offer high quality specialty care
- Prescription drug benefits covering almost all generic drugs
Want to Apply? It's Easy!
Find out if your child or teen is eligible. No family makes too much money for CHIP...almost everyone qualifies! How much you make determines how much you pay each month for CHIP. Just print and return the application.
Visit the state's website at www.chipcoverspakids.com for more information and frequently asked questions.
Be sure to sign up for Self-Service. With self-service, you can check your benefits, claims and order ID cards. You can also send a question to a service rep online, whenever you want.
Time to renew?
It's easy! Each year we will mail you a reminder when it’s time to renew your child’s coverage. Just fill out the form and return it to us so we can let you know if your child is still eligible and if the cost has changed. Review your child or teen’s eligibility. How much you make determines how much you pay each month for CHIP.
To learn more about CHIP, call a service rep at 1.800.543.7199 or (TTY) 1.800.413.1112, weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET.