- A network that is divided into 2 tiers of in-network doctors and hospitals
- Tier 1 is the largest network of doctors and hospitals in our 13-country service area. It includes expanded in-network coverage with doctors and hospitals located just outside our 13-county service area. And you’ll pay the lowest out-of-pocket costs for care
- A $20 copay for in-network, tier 1 primary care visits
- Tier 2 includes local doctors, hospitals and facilities that charge a “facility fee” which means you’ll pay more out of your own pocket for care
- The freedom to see BlueCard ® PPO national network doctors and hospitals or other out-of-network doctors and hospitals, but you will pay more for care
- No out-of-pocket costs for preventive care
- Prescription drug coverage with no or low copays
- Exclusive wellness discounts on fitness classes, nutrition counseling, massages, restaurants and more
- Earn a $25 gift card for having a wellness checkup with your primary health care doctor
- Access to your own personal health coach and 24/7 access to registered nurses—so you’ll have the support you need to stay healthy, anytime
- With myBlue Care Silver $1,000, you may save on out-of-pocket costs for care if you qualified for a federal cost-share subsidy
Below are links to resources to help you understand your health insurance plan. Be sure to bookmark this page and refer to it often. More information is also available on Self-Service—logon today.
| Member Handbook Kit|
Your Member Handbook kit makes your health insurance plan easier to understand and use. It explains what’s covered and how to get care. | Learn More
| Rx Drug Benefit|
You have coverage for prescription drugs. The multi-tiered drug program helps keep your drugs affordable because it uses a formulary. | Learn More
Need more information? Click on the links on the left. You can also email Customer Service through Self-Service or give us a call at 1.888.728.3840 or (TTY) 1.866.280.0486, weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
myBlue Care Silver $1000 uses the Tiered Custom PPO network. The Tiered Custom PPO network divides in-network doctors and hospitals into 2 tiers.
Your cost for care is the lowest when you use in-network/tier 1 doctors and hospitals. Tier 1 includes the First Priority Life® PPO network doctors and hospitals and care from Blue Distinction Centers for Transplants® and several hospitals and their participating doctors, located just beyond our 13-county service area.
This network includes a 2nd tier to cover care from local doctors, hospitals and doctors and hospitals that charge a “facility fee.” You will pay more out of your pocket when you use in-network/tier 2 doctors and hospitals.
BlueCard PPO doctors and hospitals are out of the network with your Tiered Custom PPO plan. You can use BlueCard PPO doctors and hospitals, but at a higher out-of-pocket cost for care.
You have coverage for care outside of the Tiered Custom PPO network, but at a higher out-of-pocket cost. Doctors and hospitals out of the Tiered Custom PPO and BlueCard PPO networks do not accept our discounted “allowable charge” as payment in full. They may bill you for a bigger share of the cost for your care.
Get more information: