Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania and Highmark Blue Shield
BlueCare Security helps you pay some of the health care costs that Medicare does not cover like coinsurance, copays and deductibles. It gives you the extra coverage you need so you can focus on things other than your health care costs.All BlueCare Security plans offer:
- Coverage for your out-of-pocket costs like coinsurance, copays and deductibles.
- Access to the largest network of doctors, specialists, hospitals and medical facilities right where you live and anywhere you travel
- A prescription drug discount program
- Discounts on a variety of health and wellness services and products for a
- Local, knowledgeable customer service to answer your questions; online,
in person or on the phone
BlueCare Security plan coverage
|What it covers||A||B||C||F||F-HD||N|
|100% of Medicare's Part B coinsurnace||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|A portion of the skilled nursing|
|100% of Medicare's Part A deductible||X||X||X||X||X|
|100% of Medicare's Part B deductible||X||X||X|
|100% of any fees Medicare's Part B|
won't cover — the "excess charges"
|ER visits if you travel outside the U.S.||X||X||X||X|
- Plan A pays your share of the Medicare Part B coinsurance
- Plan B offers a higher level of benefits by paying your Medicare Part B coinsurance and Part A deductible
- Plan N offers a high level of benefits by covering hospitalization and your Medicare Part B coinsurance. You have low copays for doctor visits and ER care. Plan N does not cover your share of the Medicare Part B deductible.
- Plan C offers the most coverage with almost no out-of-pocket costs for care. It does not cover your share of the Medicare Part B "excess charge" fees
- Plan F offers the most coverage with almost no out-of-pocket costs. Coverage includes your share of the Medicare Part B "excess charge" fees
- Plan F HD is a high deductible plan. It includes all the benefits and features of Plan F. And once your $2,140 deductible is met, you will have almost no out-of-pocket costs.
Want to learn more?
Click on the links to your left. Need more help? Email customer service through
Self-Service or give us a call at 1.800.829.8599 or (TTY) 1.866.280.0486, weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.