It’s Simple To Save With Your BlueCare® FSA
What is a flexible spending arrangement (FSA)?
An FSA is a tax-free account that you own. Use the money to pay for qualified medical expenses like deductibles, copays, coinsurance, dental and vision costs. You save because the money you deposit into your FSA is not taxed! By eliminating taxes, this means more money to spend on things for you and your family. If you don’t use all of the FSA money by year end, you can roll over a portion of it.
How does it work?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) sets the amount you can deposit into your FSA each year. The entire amount you elect to save is available to you on the first day of the health plan year. You don't have to wait for your payroll contributions to add up before using your FSA to pay. You can choose to receive an FSA debit card, so it's easy to use! Just pay with your debit card and the money will come out of your account for eligible medical expenses. Or you can send in a claim form and get reimbursed.
Benefits of an FSA
- The money you deposit into your FSA is not taxed
- The entire elected amount is available to you on the first day of the health plan year
- Funds can be used for qualified medical expenses including deductibles, copays, coinsurance, dental and vision
- You don't have to wait for your payroll contributions to accumulate before paying with your FSA
Help when you need it
HealthEquity, our account administrator, provides support that includes:
- Customer service phone line 24/7, 365 days a year and helpful online tools and resources
- View your account balances, check your claims and request payments/reimbursements
- You can also access your account through Self-Service at bcnepa.com. Just login and click on the My Coverage tab―it’s simple!
For more information about your group’s specific BlueCare HRA, please talk to your employer.
Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania provides FSAs, HRAs and HSAs that are administered by Health Equity, Inc., an independent personal health care financial services company not affiliated with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.