Your BlueCare® HRA is Easy To Use!
What is a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA)?
An HRA is a personal health care account funded with your employer’s money—not your salary. There are no payroll deductions and you don’t pay taxes on the money in the account. The HRA can be used to reimburse you and your family for select out-of-pocket costs, such as deductibles, copays, coinsurance, dental and vision expenses. Your employer will let you know. You’re in charge of managing your account and spending your health care dollars wisely.
How does it work?
To get reimbursed for an eligible expense, you file a claim and receive a check. You can submit a claim through the HealthEquity website or use a claim form. The contributions from your employer and any reimbursements you receive will not be taxable. The HRA can only be used for out-of-pocket expenses under your health insurance plan or for health insurance premium payments.
Benefits of an employer-funded HRA
- No payroll deductions…it’s money from your employer!
- You don't pay taxes on HRA funds
- Use the money to cover your out-of-pocket costs, such as deductibles, copays, coinsurance, dental and vision expenses (as per your employer)
Help when you need it
HealthEquity, our account administrator, provides support that includes:
- Customer service phone line 24/7, 365 days a year and helpful online tools and resources
- View your account balances, check your claims and request payments/reimbursements
- You can also access your account through Self-Service at bcnepa.com. Just login and click on the My Coverage tab―it’s simple!
For more information on your group’s specific BlueCare HRA, please talk to your employer.
Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania provides FSAs, HRAs and HSAs that are administered by Health Equity, Inc., an independent personal health care financial services company not affiliated with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.