Health solutions that provide the extra support your patients need.
Let us help you make better health easier for your patients. Whether they are the picture of health or battling a serious health condition, Blue Health Solutions℠ offers real solutions for every one, at any level of health.
We can help your patients:
- Maintain an already healthy lifestyle.
- Manage a serious condition.
- Help identify your patient’s risk of future health problems.
It all starts with a quick, simple, health assessment. This online tool helps your patients better understand their health history and the impact it may have on their future health. If a patient’s health assessment shows risk factors, a Health Coach can help him/her develop a plan for improving their health. Your patient can decide how little or how much help they would like. If they are not interested in the health assessment, your patients can choose a program or just chat with a Health Coach—whichever they prefer.
- Wellness and Lifestyle Management—We can help your patients lose weight, manage stress and quit smoking. We’re there with maternity care before, during and after pregnancy. Health coaches can also help with back pain, cholesterol, nutrition, fitness, high blood pressure and GERD.
- Health Management—Health coaches can help your patients manage chronic conditions like asthma, cardiovascular disease, COPD, depression, diabetes and heart failure
- Care Management—Care Coordinators can help manage cases when your patients need complex care in the hospital, transition of care before and after surgery and for intermediate care needs.
- Our Life-Balance Resource—Counselors are available 24/7, to help your patients cope with everyday stress, family issues, drugs, alcohol, threats of violence and more.
Because privacy is important, Blue Health Solutions activities and programs are completely confidential. We do NOT share the personal information shared with us.
Even More with BHS…
Your patients are always welcome to use Blue Health Solutions' online tools. They can take advantage of discounts on many health and wellness related products and services or use the site to maintain their very own personal health record. And Blue Health Solutions provides phone access to registered nurses, anytime, day or night.
Health Coaches are available to discuss your patients’ issues and concerns or to simply answer questions. Do you have a patient who needs help managing a chronic condition or has questions about an already healthy lifestyle? Encourage your patient to call us at
Or, for care management services,
TTY services are available at
You can reach us weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
Members who participate in Blue Health Solutions Management Programs saw an overall decrease in hospital admissions of 7%.
Admission for disease-specific conditions also decreased:
CAD (Coronary Artery Disease)
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Source: 2009 Blue Health Solutions member data analysis using Disease Management Association of America, the Care Continuum methodology.
Refer Your Patients
Have a patient with Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania health coverage who could benefit from a Blue Health Solutions program? Simply complete the Referral Form and send it to us at the numbers listed on the form.